Butterfly Creek Covid-19 Information
Butterfly Creek is currently closed at Alert Level 3 and will open when we are at Alert Level 2, but under the restrictions outlined below.
We want to ensure you will have a fun and safe visit and have implemented a range of measures to keep you safe. Our exhibit & movement spaces are spread over a large area of around 18,000 square metres, with around 1 km of pathways. You are not confined with large numbers of other visitors – everyone is spread out over the park to ensure safe social distancing. You are also not subjected to repeat, high contact touch areas. Please check out our current hours of operation which change at different alert levels.
Butterfly Creek General
- To ensure we can manage capacity we recommend you purchase your tickets online (note passes are valid for 6 months).
- You must sign in using the NZ Covid Tracer app or manually
- There will be no animal encounters during Level 2, but all animals will be on display as normal, and you may be able buy feed bags in Buttermilk Farm to feed some animals.
- Follow all ministry of health Level 2 guidelines including wearing masks in inside spaces and maintain your 2 m distance from other groups and stay at home if you or anyone in your family is sick.
- Have fun but please be patient when moving through the park with our staff and other visitors.
Our‘Stay Well’ measures:
- 95% of our staff are vaccinated and there will be no unvaccinated customer facing staff.
- Cafe: everyone seated, single server and tables spaced out as per the Ministry of Health’s guidelines
- Party and function rooms are currently closed, but we can take future bookings
- Extra hand sanitiser stations have been installed and extra staff dedicated to cleaning
- All staff will have a daily temperature check to ensure no one is arriving at work with a fever.
Annual Passes: If you have an Annual Pass – you don’t need to book online, just turn on the day you wish to visit. All Annual Passes will be extended by the length of the lockdown (subject to the validity left on the pass)
Grabone: The recent GrabOne deal is not valid in the school holidays, however you can still use the face value of your ticket during this time. The deal amount will be valid to use from Wed 20th October to the 5th of November.
We want to assure we have made Butterfly Creek as safe as we can during these tough times. We hope you still get out and about and look forward to seeing you under Alert Levels 2 and 1.
The team at Butterfly Creek