Butterfly Creek Covid-19 Information
Butterfly Creek currently is open during term time Wednesday to Sunday and 7 days during school holidays. Our exhibit & movement spaces are spread over a large area of around 18,000 square metres, with around 1 km of pathways. You are not confined with large numbers of other visitors – everyone is spread out over the park to ensure safe social distancing. You are also not subjected to repeat, high contact touch areas.
Our ‘Stay Well’ measures:
- Installed Covid check-in QR code posters, we also have a manual check-in process available.
- Cafe: everyone seated and with a single server per table. Tables are 1 meter apart. Max group size of 10 people currently.
- Animal encounters will not be running at level 2, however you can buy feed bags in Buttermilk Farm to feed some animals.
- Party and function rooms are currently closed, but we can take future bookings
- Extra hand sanitiser stations have been installed and extra staff dedicated to an enhanced cleaning regime.
- All staff will have a daily temperature check to ensure no one is arriving at work with a fever.
Here’s what you can do:
Follow the Ministry of Health’s guidelines for keeping yourself safe including increased hand washing and staying at home if you or anyone in your family is sick.
We want to assure we have made Butterfly Creek as safe as we can during these tough times. We hope you still get out and about and look forward to seeing you under Alert Levels 2 & 1.
If you feel you have any symptoms of the flu then please do not plan a visit. If it is obvious that any visitor is displaying symptoms then you may be asked to leave and visit us another time.
Want to visit Rocket Ropes as well: Find out more here about Rocket Ropes Stay Well measures
The team at Butterfly Creek