Butterfly Creek Covid-19 Information
Butterfly Creek is open Wednesday to Sunday & Queen’s Birthday at Alert Level 2:
As responsible operators in the Tourism and Hospitality industry we want to assure you we are following all Government and Ministry of Health guidelines and are doing everything we can to ensure your visit to Butterfly Creek is a safe and enjoyable one.
Our exhibit and movement spaces are spread over a large area of around 4 acres with around 1 km of pathways and routes. You are not confined with large numbers of other visitors – everyone is spread out over the park. You are also not subjected to repeat, high contact touch areas. There is plenty of personal space and our staff will be monitoring to ensure this remains the case. Our café is open with a slightly limited range of food on offer.
We have initiated a number of ‘Stay Well’ measures:
- As part of contact tracing requirements all visitors will need to check in. Simply sign up to our Covid Register here on your mobile device so you can easily sign in when you arrive, or sign up on arrival. If you can’t register online we will have a form available on arrival for you.
- Extra hand sanitiser stations have been installed around Butterfly Creek.
- Extra staff dedicated to an enhanced cleaning regime.
- High contact surfaces will receive additional cleans throughout the day, including all rest rooms, door handles, chairs and tabletops etc.
- We are using a high grade antibacterial cleaning solution to keep Butterfly Creek extra clean.
- All staff will have a daily temperature check to ensure no one is arriving at work with a fever.
We have also maintained an A grade food hygiene rating since we commenced operations 17 years ago.
Here’s what you can do:
Follow the Ministry of Health’s guidelines for keeping yourself safe including increased hand washing and staying at home if you or anyone in your family is sick.
We want to assure we have made Butterfly Creek as safe as we can during these tough times. We hope you still get out and about and look forward to seeing you over the coming weeks and months.
If you feel you have any symptoms of the flu then please do not plan a visit. If it is obvious that any visitor is displaying symptoms then you may be asked to leave and visit us another time.