A Living Classroom
Every year our living classroom offers thousands of students the chance to explore and connect with nature and learn all about the animal world. It’s easy to walk around even for the littlest of legs and a perfect day out sunshine or rain as half our exhibits are under cover.
Education groups include ECE, primary, intermediate, composite, special needs, secondary, language and tertiary schools.
|Group||Price||Ratio of free adults to children|
|ECE child under 3||Free||None|
|ECE child age 3-4||$9.00||1 adult per 4 paying children|
|School age 5-15||$11.50||1 adult per 8 paying children|
|School age 16+||$15.50||1 adult per 10 paying children|
|Adult supervisor in any group||$18.50||Not applicable|
Package price includes all day entry to all attractions and exhibits including Dinosaur Kingdom, Kiwi Forest, Butterfly House, Crocodiles & the Buttermilk Farm. The train ride is an additional option at $1.00 pp for one loop around the track.
- Minimum of 10 paying children
- Visit Monday – Friday (Excludes public and school holidays)
Check Availability or Make a Booking
Booking your education visit is easy. First check availability then make a booking online by paying your 25% deposit* to secure your booking.
How to check availability:
- Click the word ‘Availability’ underneath either the ECE Booking Form or the School Booking Form below, then go to the date you are after to check if it’s available.
- If your preferred date is available, you can carry on making a booking by filling in the required fields.
How to make a booking:
- You can make a booking when you check availability as above.
- Or, go straight to the blue ‘Book Now’ button underneath either the ECE Booking Form or the School Booking Form below.
” We had a wonderful day. Thank you for providing an outstanding venue. Out children LOVED every aspect. We’ll be back!!”
Wairau Valley Special School
” Our experience was awesome and our children can’t stop talking about the dinosaurs. Thank you so much Butterfly Creek!”
Bright Sparks Childcare
“Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to you for so efficiently handling our Small Fries Group. Both children and parents had a great time and everything worked out perfectly.
It’s been an amazing adventure and will have children talking for a long time to come.”
Small Fries ECE