Educational Visits (save 28-47%)
A Living Classroom
Every year our living classroom offers thousands of students the chance to explore and connect with nature and learn all about the animal world. It’s easy to walk around even for the littlest of legs and a perfect day out sunshine or rain as half our exhibits are under cover.
Choose from 2 great options:
- Visit Butterfly Creek only (must be booked online here with a 25% deposit, refundable up to 2 weeks before your booking date).
- Visit Butterfly Creek & Rocket Ropes with our combo deal (must make an enquiry here).
Education groups include ECE, primary, intermediate, composite, special assistance, secondary, language and tertiary schools.
Visit Butterfly Creek Only
Visiting Butterfly Creek only? See our pricing & availability below – bookings must be made online & require a 25% deposit to secure your visit. Deposits are refundable up to 2 weeks before your booking date. If you have any questions, please contact our booking coordinator on 09 394 1572, or [email protected].
|Age/Group||Price||Ratio of free adults to children|
|ECE child under 3||Free||None|
|ECE child age 3-4||$9.00pp (save 43%)||1 adult per 4 paying children|
|School age 5-17||$11.50pp (save 28%)||1 adult per 8 paying children|
|Adult supervisor in any group||$18.50pp (save 34%)||Not applicable|
|Optional Train Ride (1 loop around the track)||$1.50pp (save 50%)||Not applicable|
|Optional Children's meal packs||$9.50pp||Not applicable|
|Optional Keeper Talk (School groups only)||$15||Not applicable|
Our Butterfly Creek only package includes all day entry to all attractions and exhibits including Mythic Creatures, Dinosaur Kingdom, Kiwi Forest, Butterfly House, Crocodiles, Bugs About & Buttermilk Farm.
Optional children’s meal packs:
- Club sandwich (choice of ham, chicken, or salad), chocolate chip cookie, juice box & piece of fruit.
- 3 Mini hot dogs, fries, piece of fruit, juice box.
Optional keeper talks:
School Groups can add a Keeper Talk for just $15. Choose from 4 great topics: Wetapunga, Butterflies, Dinosaurs, NZ Conservation. Not available for ECE groups.
If your center/school hasn’t visited in the last 12 months, we do offer a free Teachers pre-visit once we have received your booking. Please note, the free visits are only valid for members of staff who will be part of the pre–booked school trip, any adults or children accompanying these staff on a pre-visit will pay normal admission prices. If you would like to arrange a pre-visit or have any further questions please email [email protected].
Conditions : Minimum of 10 paying children | Visit Monday – Friday (Excludes public and school holidays)
How to check availability:
- Click the word ‘Availability’ underneath either the ECE Booking Form or the School Booking Form below, then go to the date you are after to check if it’s available.
- If your preferred date is available, you can carry on making a booking by filling in the required fields.
How to make a booking:
- Click blue ‘Book Now’ button underneath either the ECE Booking Form or the School Booking tile below.
- Choose your preferred weekday.
- Enter your numbers then click continue.
- Add any optional extras then click continue again to be sent to the deposit payment page.
Combo Deal: Visit Butterfly Creek & Rocket Ropes
A great option if you want your education group to visit Butterfly Creek and climb at Rocket Ropes on the same day (must be same children doing both). Rocket Ropes is a fantastic ropes course situated next door to Butterfly Creek. Choose between our low ropes Rocketeer Course for the littlies & the 3-level Croc Tower high ropes course for the bigger kids.
|Children aged 3-6||Rocketeer climb + Butterfly Creek||$16.50pp (save 47%)||1 adult per 4 paying 3-4 year olds & 1 adult per 8 paying 5-6 year olds|
|Children aged 6-17||Croc Tower climb + Butterfly Creek||$27.00pp (save 39%)||1 adult per 8 paying 6-17 year olds|
“Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to you for so efficiently handling our Small Fries Group. Both children and parents had a great time and everything worked out perfectly. It’s been an amazing adventure and will have children talking for a long time to come.” – Small Fries ECE
“Our experience was awesome and our children can’t stop talking about the dinosaurs. Thank you so much Butterfly Creek!” – Bright Sparks Childcare
“We had a wonderful day. Thank you for providing an outstanding venue. Out children LOVED every aspect. We’ll be back!!” – Wairau Valley Special School