Junior Keeper Programme
Do you have a child that loves animals and everything about them? Our Junior Keeper programme will leave them buzzing as they spend a day with our keepers and animals.
They will learn what it is like to be a zookeeper – cleaning, feeding, monitoring, caring and playing with the animals. This fun and educational program offers children the opportunity to see our animals up close and have an extraordinary experience.
Junior keeper runs during school holidays or by special appointment. The programme requires a minimum of three children per session to run (we will organise children into a suitable session).
- $95 per child (payment required upfront to secure booking)
- Junior Keeper Available for 7 – 12 year olds
- Drop off at 8.30am and pick up at 3.00pm
- Includes – train ride, certificate, lanyard, photo with an animal
- Minimum of 4 keepers per day, maximum 6
- No adults allowed! (the kids love that)
- Bring snacks, lunch, camera, water & gumboots/ sturdy shoes
- Family members receive 20% discount off entrance tickets
Make a booking
“This review is on behalf of my two kids who did ‘keeper for a day’. 9.00am – 3.30pm, group of 5 kids got to be keeper for a day. Behind the scenes keeper experince the kids rated as amazing & awesome. Up close with the farm animals, Crocodiles & Tarantulas. Got to hand feed the farm animals, hand feed the Parrots etc…… Amazing experience for the kids. They wanna do it again!!!! Recommended. Thank you to the staff who made it a great day.”