Save up to 38% with Early Childhood Education Visits
Butterfly Creek is a wonderful place to bring your tamariki. Our living classroom offers young children the chance to connect with nature and learn about the animal world. It’s easy to walk around and a perfect day out whatever the weather as our exhibits are 75% under cover.
Visit our Education Resource Hub to discover a range of free resources to support your children’s learning.
Conditions: Available for early childhood centres and home-based organisations. A minimum of 15 paying children are required to receive our ECE group rates with a max of 15 free under 3s. Visits available Wednesday – Friday during term time only.
Deposits are refundable up to 2 weeks before your booking date. Once booked you will receive an email 2 weeks before your visit with all the information you will need to plan your day.
On the day of your visit, our education coordinator will meet your group to give an introductory talk and remind of you of important timings to help you get the most out of your day. You will be allocated a room to allow for bag storage and eating in if the weather doesn’t allow for your group to have lunch in our courtyard.
Pre-visits are available Wednesday – Friday between 10am – 1pm for 2 staff members. To arrange a pre-visit you must have already booked your trip to Butterfly Creek. To book a pre-visit email [email protected].
Check our list of FAQs here.
ECE Group Pricing
*Need to pay for 15 children at $10pp then maximum of 15 under 3s are free
A minimum of 15 paying children is required to receive our discounted education group rate
You will be eligible for 1 free adult per 4 paying children
Train ride – $2.50pp
Make a booking or get a quote
To get a quote, pick a date in our booking widget and enter the number of children and adults who will be visiting.
To make a booking follow the steps below:
- Click ‘Availability’ or ‘Book Now‘ to select your preferred date.
- Enter the numbers for each age range that you anticipate*.
- Select any optional extras e.g. train ride.
- Enter your contact details and organisation name and select ‘Continue’.
- Scroll down to the deposit payment section to make payment.
- If you are unable to pay the deposit via card please take a note of your booking reference and email [email protected] to request an invoice.
- *Please note: ECE groups that only have under 3s will first need to pay for a minimum of 15 children at the rate of $10pp before being eligible for a maximum of 15 free children; additional children will be charged $10pp.
IMPORTANT: Bookings are only confirmed once a deposit has been paid. You should receive an email confirmation from us immediately. If you do not receive this, please email [email protected]