Save up to 25% on School Group Visits
Butterfly Creek is a wonderful place to bring students of all ages. Every year our living classroom offers thousands of students the chance to connect with nature and learn about the animal world. It’s easy to walk around and a perfect day out whatever the weather as our exhibits are 75% under cover. You can book a keeper talk on a variety of topics or come to one of our free animal encounters, including our popular Croc Show. We also have an excellent range of free education resources to use before and after your visit.
Our education group pricing requires a minimum of 15 paying children. Bookings are available Wed-Fri during term-time only. Bookings are made online and require a 25% deposit to secure your visit. To get a quote, scroll down to our booking widget, choose a date and enter the numbers you think will be attending. If you would like to book but can’t pay the deposit online, please complete the online booking process and then email [email protected] with the booking reference to request your deposit payment via an invoice.
If you are Special Assistance School please click here to make your booking to receive our special assistance rates.
Planning your visit
Deposits are refundable up to 2 weeks before your booking date. Once booked you will receive an email 2 weeks before your visit with all the information needed to plan your day.
On the day of your visit, our education coordinator will meet your group to give an introductory talk and remind of you of important timings to help you get the most out of your day. You will be allocated a room to allow for bag storage and eating in if the weather doesn’t allow for your group to have lunch in our courtyard.
Pre-visits are available Wednesday – Friday between 10am – 1pm for 2 staff members. You must have already booked your trip to Butterfly Creek to arrange a pre-visit. To book a pre-visit email [email protected].
Check our list of FAQs here.
School Group Pricing
Minimum 15 paying children required
1 adult free per 8 paying children
Train ride – $2.50pp | Keeper talk – $15.00 (for up to 30 children)
Make a booking or get a quote
To get a quote, pick a date in our booking widget and enter the number of children and adults who will be visiting.
To make a booking follow the steps below:
- Click ‘Availability’ or ‘Book Now‘ to select your preferred date.
- Enter the numbers for each age range that you anticipate*.
- Select optional extras e.g. train ride or keeper talk
- Enter your contact details and organisation name and select ‘Continue’.
- Scroll down to the deposit payment section to make payment.
- If you are unable to pay the deposit via card please take a note of your booking reference and email [email protected] to request an invoice.
- IMPORTANT: Bookings are only confirmed once a deposit has been paid. You should receive an email confirmation from us immediately. If you do not receive this, please email [email protected]