Travel Back In Time
Travel back to a time when dinosaurs ruled the Earth. Dinosaur Kingdom at Butterfly Creek is a prehistoric-themed attraction featuring more than 50 dinosaurs, including huge, life-size animatronic dinosaurs.
As you walk among the enormous herbivores and the fierce carnivores, you will meet a Triceratops mother about to protect her young from a T-Rex, beware the vicious Velociraptor and look up to the massive 24m Diplodocus.
This interactive attraction features an amazing display of dinosaurs with life-size animatronic dinosaurs that roar and move. Plus, there are loads of fantastic dinosaur photo opportunities for the whole family. We guarantee you’ll be amazed!
Learn about our Dinosaurs
Check out our range of free Discovering Dinosaurs resources to help your children learn more about dinosaurs and New Zealand’s prehistoric past. Our education resources have been designed with primary aged children in mind but many of the activities are suitable for all ages.
Did you know…
- There were over 700 species of dinosaurs.
- The largest discovered dinosaur is the Argentinosaurus, which grew up to 115 feet in length – that’s bigger than a blue whale!
- Dinosaurs lived on earth for around 160 million years, that’s around 64 times longer than humans who have lived on earth for 2 million years.
- The T-rex was considered to be the most ferocious dinosaur with a bite twice as powerful as a lions.
- Dinosaur fossils have been discovered in every continent on Earth including Antartica.
- Some scientists believe that dinosaurs lived up to 200 years.